Fifth time is a charm.

I don't think my father was blown away upon hearing that his wife was pregnant again. I do not think he was disappointed either.

My parents were a middle class couple with a nice little fenced house, four children and a dog. The 80s must have been a wholesome era. My mother was barely in her thirties but was a responsible and well respected housewife in the community. Here i am, at the ripe age of thirty, and all this is something i can not relate to. Except, perhaps the housewife part, but basically that is all. 

My father could provide for all his children, so money was basically not an issue. However, i strongly believe that hearing about a fifth pregnancy from your wife of ten years isnt exactly the highlight of the century. It is news that you take in your stride and just learn to live with. Think of it as buying your first car. The excitement is something that will always make you smile. A second car is great as well. However, when you get to your fifth car, it stops being as thrilling. Do not get me wrong, my father loves me to bits. The old boy cried like a little child when i got married. He couldn't imagine a life without me i guess and i think that is very beautiful. However, i was the result of the fifth pregnancy announcement that he probably barely remembers. 

I think children are awesome little things, however there is just a certain point where the excitement dies down a little. I am often reminded of Beyoncé's none enthusiastic cheer image at Serena Williams' match a few years ago. Her hands were in the air in full support but her face was bland. Of course Serena is great. However, that moment shall always go down in history for me. 

People should not be policed when having children. It all comes down to personal choices. I, on the other hand think that one should slow down on pro creation when the excitement starts to die. 

Many years after i was born, another announcement came in and that my friends, is a story for another day. 

Comments

  1. Nice work, make your collection and publish 😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow �� just wow ,well q part of that is true for me ,my wow moment definitely stops with Davina ,I dont see me having a 4th at all but every moment is different and I think with your old man you probably where the wow moment �� sometimes the 2nd suffers the oblivion they are barely noticed to me no.2 is always the middle child even after you reach no.6 ��

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Woman

Lost Souls